The weekend of June 14-15, 2008, the St. Francis community gathered to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the parish. Events started on Saturday with a four-man golf tournament at Steepleview Golf Course. Sunday’s celebration began with a mass at 1:30 pm. Archbishop Elden Curtiss was the Principal Celebrant of this Eucharistic Celebration and con-celebrating with him were former assistants, pastors, native sons, and priests of the Archdiocese. Twelve fourth degree Knights of Columbus from Council #1794 formed an impressive honor guard at the mass. The St. Francis Centennial combined choir sang for the special liturgy. Bouquets of 125 red roses decorated the main altar. An open house of the church, rectory and schools was held during the day. At 4:00 pm, a steak meal including salads, potatoes, desserts and drinks were served to about 2,000 people. Hamburgers and hot dogs were offered for the kids as well. Children’s games were set up on the grounds including a rock wall and shooting gallery trailer provided by the Army National Guard. For the occasion, the parish made a pictorial directory, souvenir 125th plates, Christmas ornaments, crocks, and decks of playing cards featuring pictures of some of the many treasures in our church on the face.