In the summer of 1900, a brick wall was erected around the north, east, and south sides of the friary garden. It required 120,000 bricks and cost $1,760. The west wall was added in 1906. In October 1902, cement sidewalks were put in front of the church for $334. In September 1903, an iron fence was put up in front of the friary and on the sides of the church. In 1919, the streets on the east and north of the church were paved (with bricks?) costing the parish $20,000. Work on the removal of the old friary wall began on December 4, 1967. The original plan was to remove the wall, brick by brick, clean the bricks, and offer them for sale. But the volunteers soon realized that this would take months. So, a half dozen or more small tractors were called in to demolish the wall. These proved not powerful enough for the job; heavy equipment was needed. County caterpillars were then called in, also to dig trenches for burying the bricks. When the work was completed in the spring of 1968, the contractor who had paved highway 81 had some left over crushed rock, which was spread over the area east of the friary to prepare a base for a parish parking lot. During the summer of 1970, landscaping on the northside of the church began with the removal of the trees which were dying. Work was also done around the Sacred Heart Statue there. Part of the sidewalk on the north side of the church had to be completely replaced in June of 1972 because it was in such bad condition. In September of 1973, the elms in front of the church had to be removed because of Dutch Elm disease. In November 1975, the Holy Name Society obtained, dug up and replanted eight evergreens on the east side of the playground, now the football practice field. They were approximately 20 feet tall then. The construction of a new garage and shop was begun in November of the same year. Most of the work was done by volunteers. Two new light poles were added for the parish parking lot. The old lamp posts in front of the church were also rewired and mercury lights were installed in them in April 1976. Three new sidewalks were added to the church leading from the parking lot to the friary walk. An announcement board with mass times was added south of the church in 1987. The large evergreen trees on the south side of the church were removed in the fall of 1997. New evergreen trees were then planted at this time. In 2006, work was done on the north entrance of the church. The north sidewalk ramp had stairs with a handrail added. The retaining wall on the north side of the church was also redone. At this same time, work was being done on the gutters and put on a new steel roof. The sidewalks north of the church were redone with new rain drainage gutters inserted into the concrete. In 2007, the Ten Commandments and Beatitude monument was placed south of the church in the parking lot on the east end.